I'm going mad with a model I've rigged after conversion from a XNALara model.
At this time I've all needed bones correctly renamed to japanese language (not original xnalara's names). My trouble is with leg bones, while trying to set an IK chain
I've found a lot of tutorials about how to fix existing
(but malfunctioning) legs IK bones, about how to add IK bones to a scarf or a tail, I've also found a plugin to automatically add IK heels and IK toes to an existing
leg IK chain, but nothing on how to add a simple leg IK chain to a model which doesn't have it and just has "raw" leg bones
I'm using english PMX Editor, v 2.019
Leg bones have been correctly named, i.e. (for right side): leg top
(parent Lower body, dest knee) knee
(parent leg top, dest ankle) ankle
(parent knee, dest toes) toes
(parent ankle, dest bone: ITSELF)
All theese bones are light blue
(rotation, display, op), but
toe bone which is gray (rotation, op). They seem to be correctly weighted
. If I try to pose the in "T" window of PMXEditor, the related part seems to move correctly. I.e. if i rotate forward the leg top, the whole leg bend upwards, if i rotate the knee bone, all under the knee (calf, ankle, foot) moves the right way, accordingly to knee rotation.
So connections between bones seem to be correct, and so their weight. Now what have I to do? Can anyone help me teaching how to make an IK chain from scratch?
Note: I tried to add IK bones importing an empty PMX model with just leg bones (also IKs) into my model. Terrific result: in MMD animations (and also in posing "T" window of PMX editor) just feet move around but legs from hips to ankle stay straight as wooden logs
It is like knee bones lost their weight data during the import.
Please, I attach the model I'm working on. If you could gently check for it.... SOLVED
Instead of deleting leg bones, I've MERGED all bones in the same positions and/or with similar function
. I.e. I merged all thigh bones, and all knee/calf bones. After that I imported a pmx with just a functioning IK chain, arranged just with bone positions same of my model's ones. Now it's working properly